The Olympic Stadium "Carlo Zecchini" is located in Via Veterani dello Sport in Grosseto, in the Gorarella zone, the area of sports facilities, west of the historic centre of the city.
Designed in 1956 and inaugurated in 1960, has hosted three football matches at the Olympic Games in Rome in 1960. Regarding athletics, the stadium has been the venue of several international competitions, such as:
- World Junior Championships in 2004
- Paralympic European Championships in 2016
- European Junior Championships in 2001 and 2017
There are 2 very close tracks, one for the competitions (Olympic Stadium «Carlo Zecchini» - with totally renewd athletics track in 2017) and one for warming up and training area («Campo Zauli» Area with synthetic runways) where is an equipped gym too.
The Olympic Stadium offers 9700 seats, of which more than 4000 covered.
- experience in organising international athletics events
- skilled staff
- large network of volunteers
- fully equipped facility
- support of local authorities
How to get to the stadium from the railway station
- by bus, you can take line 1 to Via Gramsci, walk through the railway underpass, then in via Vetulonia up to the entrance of the stadium
- on foot: turn right in Viale Mameli, walking down Via Sonnino, then through the railway underpass and then in via Vetulonia up to the entrance of the stadium
How to get into town
- by car - from Rome: take the “Aurelia” highway, exit at “Grosseto Sud” and follow the “Campi Sportivi” direction; From Livorno: take the “Aurelia highway” and exit at “Grosseto Nord”; From Florence-Siena: Highway exit “Grosseto Centro”
- by train - Grosseto Train Station
- by plane – International Airport Roma Fiumicino - Pisa Airport - Firenze Airport